BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A damn good find

I have had a broken keyboard and nothing to write about for quite a while now -- that should unbelievably evident, so I apologize to any of my readers who care that deeply. I could also call it summer syndrome. Who the hell has time to actually sit down, open blogger, find something to write about, then actually spend the 15 - 30 minutes it takes to actually write the actual post. I have been busy, I can telly y'all that. Bike training, running, vacations, scout stuff, and other personal stuff.


So here's the story:
Last Wednesday, I started on a venture crew high adventure to the Great Smokey Mountains. We got there on Thursday and started hiking in the early afternoon. We spent a night on the trail, then hiked out on Friday, finishing a day early. It could have turned out very badly; the total hike was 12 miles, with 4,000 feet in elevation change, and we pretty much ran out of water because we didn't intend on hiking the latter part that day. We then drove Saturday, and part of the day Sunday, we got home at around 1:00 this afternoon.

The significant part of the day is this: the awesome bike we found for my sister. I had to walk my dog at about 4:00 in the afternoon, and noticed this old, cruiser style bike somebody had left by the dumpsters at my elementary school. My dad noticed it on his evening dog walk, and decided to have my sister check it out. Shi liked it, so we brought it home.

It turns out that it's a 1953 SEARS Spaceliner. It's an effing 57 year old bike! And I'm sure ALL of the parts are original, even the damn tires. So anyway, my dad and I get to fix it up -- de-rust it a bit, repaint it, replace/refab some parts. It's gonna be so fun!
And it weighs something like a whole ton! (more like 40-50 pounds probably) HEAVY!!!!

2 comments:

Cuppy said...

SAH-WEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds sooooo cool!!! I wish I was riding my bike right now!!! My Lou is getting lonely 'cause I'm hitchhiking. XD Sounds like you're having a nicely active summer though *envious face* XD enjoy the rest of it! You don't have much longer 'til school, right?

Carl said...

nope, 1 week left