BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 12, 2009

Family Fieldtrip

My dad thought that it would be really neat to go to Grafton yesterday to go eagle-watching. Grafton is on the east side of the Mississippi, across from Downtown St. Louis. It's right at the confluence of the Mississippi and Illinois rivers.

There weren't too many eagles to watch though, because it was a bit too cold and in the middle of the afternoon. We first went to Pere Marquette to see what we could over there and there weren't any eagles there either. For the most part all the eagles were hanging out on the bluffs next to the highway. We ended up driving around the main part of the Pere Marquette park and up to this lookout, which turned out to be really nice. There was a trail below the lookout platform that was really nice. I took some pretty nice pictures that I can put up if you want. Please let me know.

--Gotta go set the table for dinner! :) I might add more tomorrow!

11 comments:

Cuppy said...

coool. I've only ever seen three eagles, but that's 'cause you don't find 'em too much here in canada. :P

Anonymous said...

heyyyy, carl, i've been to the place ur talking about! the one by the mississippi with the bridge and all? yeah, i didnt see may eagles either...maybe one or two...

Carl said...

I think that that bridge is awesome! When I fly in flight sim, I like to take off from smartt field and fly over it.

Sayin it again; would anybody like me to post pictures?

Levi said...

YESYESYES.

Pllleaseee post the pictures!

Sorry, I like pictures. They fascinate me.

They're kind of like a moment in time caught that I would never have gotten to see.

Anonymous said...

eagles!!!

June said...

that's cool. I love how eagles glide everywhere. And they're so fast...

Anonymous said...

wooooh, brittany woods' mascot is the eagle! go eaglez!! i mean eagles...

XP

Carl said...

Sorry, I haven't been writing lately. If I could actually sit down and write a blog post, I've been sitting down to work on my NHD website instead. I'll post again hopefully by the end of the week.

Anonymous said...

awwww, you just HAD to remind me...i have been working hard (coff coff, hardly working) on my NHfreakingD project....

XP hate it

Carl said...

Hey, at least only your application is due by the thirtyeth!! I still have to annotate my bibliography, finish the short biography, finnish my other page, and write a frickin process paper...☻☻

Anonymous said...

haha, but at least yu did it. i have barely started. shhhh dont tell mrs bakeman. she nags me like crazy and i hate it...