I got my braces off today! :)
Oh yeah! I thought it was gonna kinda hurt getting them taken off because when I had to get brackets taken off before, my orthodontist yanked them really hard. Today, she almost didn't touch some of them and they came right off. After I had them off she scraped the rest of the glue off and filed my teeth a bit. Apparently they were a bit jagged and uneven, so she needed to smooth them up. I thought that that was going to hurt a bit, but it only hurt when she filed my bottom teeth cuz they're a bit sensitive anyway.
Now my gums feel really weird on my lips. My dentist told me that this happens with braces a lot, but anyway, my gums are kinda swollen. I think that it would feel really weird anyway since I haven't really been able to feel my gums for two years (that's when I got them on) anyway, but it's definitely weirder with them a bit swollen (did that sound a bit redundant?). So anyway, yayz! I get a retainer next week. It's gonna be one of those invisalign ones.
-- O-right...
Friday, February 20, 2009
WOOHOO!!!!!
Posted by Carl at 5:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
WOOHHOOOO!!!!! YAYZZ for you!!! It must be AWESOME to get braces off!! I wouldn't know, I've never had braces, but i did have a retainer on my bottom teeth for about five years...or possibly more, i can't remeber. it was sooooo weird to get 'em off. =)
It does feel weird. Even though my teeth look pretty straight when somebody just looks at them, in my mouth I can feel where they are uneven. When my orthodontist filed my teeth, she must have filed them at an angle because It feels really weird when I try to bitr my nails. I end up kind of scraping part of the top of my nail off.
wow, your really lucky, man. i hate braces, and i have to have them on for at least another year and a half, if not more!
~Nixx
come on!!! haven't you done anything more recently than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but I don't know what to write! :(
I would have written about biking over the weekend, but that's gone now. Maybe I'll write about the crane project this afternoon...
Post a Comment