BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stuff, and a rant about rain

For the first time in about a month, I actually have a good amount of free time to write a post!


First order of business, a short list of what's been happenin'. I've driven three times, gone to homecoming - everything, parade, game, and dance; run a couple of cross country meets, and started hating the rain.

Driving. That has been nice, just because. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but all three cars that I have the possibility of driving are stick shifts, which means I have that third pedal to the left of the brake. Driving stick shift isn't so bad. I think the hardest part for me was, still is, pushing the clutch in, and then re-engaging smoothly when I start the car moving. I've driven our Miata twice and my mom's Golf once and I think that for the time being, I kind of prefer my mom's car. The gas and brake pedals are a bit funky (the brake is a bit higher than the gas so that when I move my foot sideways, I hit the side of the brake) but I like the clutch more than in the Miata because it's not quite as sensitive. I have learned too that it is very easy to get wheel spin on wet, sealed asphalt. It's just so slippery.

Homecoming. That was last Saturday, and I've meaning to write about it all week. My day started out with the parade. I participated in the Latin Club float, and I think we should have won. Seriously! We were supposed to have a truck available to us, but at the last minute, it wasn't. So our new thing was to tape out signs onto the front of our bikes and ride in the parade. I ended up not riding too much cuz we were going so slow, but it was quite fun anyway. Right after the parade, I went to the football game, which was alright. Our team beat Jennings 41-12, which is really great, because it means we are better than the Rams. After the game I was able to go home for a while because the dance didn't start until 7:00. The dance was definitely the highlight of the day. I think the best way I can describe it is to get some photos from Facebook somehow. I think I can describe the environment though: loud music with the bass turned up supa high so that you think it might give you indigestion, and most of the people on the dance floor getting ratchet. It was great! Then I got a lot of trouble from pretty much everybody for saying that I wish there had been a little more slow dance music "because the other music was so damn loud."

And I now hate the rain so much! It's been raining here in St. Louis for 2 and a half weeks now. Our normal rainfall for October is 2", and so far this month we have gotten 9". I feel like I'm living in Frickin' Forks, Washington!!! The past two meets I have had have been so muddy that I might as well have not has any spikes in my shoes at all! And it's gonna happen again this week at districts!!

5 comments:

Levi said...

TWO AND A HALF WEEKS? FORKS, WASHINGTON?!

Life. is. unfair.

I can understand why you would hate the rain, especially for that period of time, but I would be in heaven.

And I didn't go to my homecoming, which was last night. No way was I going. Nuh-uh. None of my friends were going, and it was HALLOWEEN. No way. I repeat for the third time: no way.

Carl said...

Which school makes Homecoming day on Halloween? wow, sucks.

And I don't know how much even you would like the rain after three weeks and ten inches over the normal rainfall.

Emerald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emerald said...

We got ten inches of rain up where I live during that big storm that just passed.
I really do love the rain though.
Dancing in the rain has been my rainy season hobby for several years now.
Too much rain can be irritating though.
It's nice when the weather alters from rainy to sunny again.
Like when the sun just peaks through the patches in the sky...

Oh, and I have never heard of Homecoming before know.
I actually had to ask my mother what it was.

Anyway, I'm Rambling.
Silly me.

^u^

Lexi said...

Funny story:

At my school the homecoming dance was canceled due to lack of interest from the student body.

no joke

have fun running!