Yes!! Spring is finally here! I thought we had missed it a couple of weeks ago when it was in the 80's at the end of the day, but it's back to mild and rainy. Which is kinda disappointing since it's finally team riding season and the past two weekends have been rainy and not really that great of weather for cycling. I have been doing some nice rides with just my dad and I since the weather has been nice enough.
I while ago, I started having shin splints while running, so I finally went to the doctor and then to a physical therapist to help find a way to fix it. I've been okay at doing whatever exercises I've been told to do, but the splint just won't go away! I do know that it has something to do with my foot arch, but I've got good shoes and don't do too much running without them. I guess that's why I like to ride too, but the cross training was really helping.
Oh yeah, I've recently gotten myself bike and bike gear obsessed again. I once again really, really want to get myself a single-speed bike.....from where it doesn't matter, but I do like the IRO ones. And on the bike blog I follow, 1lesscarnews.blogspot.com, I saw these really cool shoes made by the Chrome Bike Bag Co. which I now want to replace my Converse with. Conveniently, I've noticed that my Converse are actually starting to show the signs of wearing out. The only problem is that they cost $70 and I don't actually have that money, and I also don't have any kind of income at the moment either.
I have finally gotten good at driving and have (mostly) mastered the clutch! My dad let me drive to my guitar lesson last night in the rain, on the highway, while driving the Subaru Forrester. All mostly new experiences. Well....except for the last one. But the last time I drove the Scoob was last fall, and I didn't do a very good job of it then.
I guess I need to touch on school a bit too. I've officially reached the end-of-year lag in work and motivation to do work. Getting up in the morning sucks. It's too bright out, I had probably stayed up a little too late the previous night, and my sleep wasn't what you could really call "sound." Socially though, everything is going fine. This past weekend I went to MOJCL (Missouri Junior Latin Convention) with my school's Latin Club, plus a few middle schoolers. We did pretty well overall, I must say. We won Romecoming; won Certamen (contest), beating MICDS, SLUH, and Rolla; and did pretty well in some other categories as well. To put on my personal record, I placed second in the art photo contest, which I'm pretty happy about because there were three or four other nice photos entered as well.
WOOOH!!!!!!!!! GO U-CITY HIGH!!!!
So, um, yeah, that's been my past month or two in a large nutshell.

2 comments:
Cool stuff. I totally have to agree with you about the motivation lag. Unfortunately, this happens to be the time when a few of my teachers hand out the last project of the year.
Hi Carl! Nice to see you on blogger again! :)
oh my gosh! Bicycles!! I totally know what you mean about obsessing...though mostly I've been flippin' over my epic homemade panniers. ;D and single speed for the win! I have a friend with a super sweet one that he cruises around town on. It's epic.
Post a Comment