BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh, The Lovely Half Day

Yup, I had a half day today. It's not a bad way to almost wrap up a week, also a good day to finish Biology End-Of-Course exams. But what about when the day ends at 12:00?? I would usually be in school for another two hours, so it's not like I have anything planned. And it's a Thursday; it's not like I'm gonna go home and do nothing school-work related, because I have school tomorrow and some of the homework might just be due tomorrow.


Actually, that's my whole problem right now. My school gets out at the end of the month. Two half days for Finals, then I'M FREE!!!!!! Okay, maybe not -- I'm only a freshman. But the summer starts. No more homework. Once pre-season Cross starts, I'll have to get up by 7:30, but that's still an hour point five later than I have to get up for school. And I get a week of sleeping as late as I want before I even have to think about that.

Yeah, I think I'm well enough to start running again. I haven't tried to do any miles lately (hangs head in shame) but when I do run around, by shin doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was first recovering. Actually, unless I do something really big I can forget I even have a problem with my shins. Think I'm going to run with my dad a little whenever he decides to get out again.

So yeah, it was a half day at school and now I have nothing to do and nowhere to go. I should do homework, but I don't much want to. And anyway the only homework I have that isn't reading or studying or anything is some Algebra review for the Algebra 2/Trig class next year, which isn't due until the next time I have Geometry, which is Monday.

Bla bla blablahhhhhh blah nlah mlah murf suhfjsj kjbfvb blalalalalalalalh Bla bla blablahhhhhh blah nlah mlah murf suhfjsj kjbfvb blalalalalalalalh Bla bla blablahhhhhh blah nlah mlah murf suhfjsj kjbfvb blalalalalalalalh Bla bla blablahhhhhh blah nlah mlah murf suhfjsj kjbfvb blalalalalalalalh Bla bla blablahhhhhh blah nlah mlah murf suhfjsj kjbfvb blalalalalalalalh AND SO ON AND SO FORTH...... I can't think of anythingelse significant but I know thereissomething.... .

Oh, I was actually genuinely surprised by something yesterday. So I was on the computer, looking at bikes because my Cross Country coach wanted a recommendation on a bike to use so that he could map and distance courses and I started browsing for myself a little bit. I went to the Kona website and took a look at their best road-aimed single-speed, the Grand Wagon. It costs $2600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a comparison, the road bike I have, a Trek 2100, is worth about $2,000 new. I never expected to be able to spend that much on a single-speed. Definitely wouldn't leave THAT out in the rain. I'd be scared to leave it on the street -- locked up or otherwise.

2 comments:

Cuppy said...

hurray for half days!!!! even if they do come with a slight price of boredom. =D

holy shnikes!! $2600???????? I got my bike for...$100...at a pawn shop. XD I'm a cheapskate....But hey, it works well for touring!

Unknown said...

As long as it works; I did say my road bike's current value is around $2000 but I got the older (and better) one used for $400 didn't I?