BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 15, 2008

No school, I'm kinda wishing I was actually at school today

At about five thirty in the morning the phone starts ringing. I'm thinking, who would be calling at five in the morning?!? Apparently it was an automated call from my school district saying that there wasn't going to be any school because of the weather. It rained a lot last night and got into the teens sometime after midnight. Because of that, all of that water froze. I went outside for just a little bit about an hour ago, and the Ice really wasn't that bad. I don't know how the roads are, but it looks like there are only patches of ice here and there. I've kinda known that school would be closed since last night because it was really wet, cold, and getting colder by the minute. I got really P/O'd at one point because I was trying to print a book report for my science class that was supposed to be due today. I was printing and I selected something wrong and I kind of jammed the printer. It took me about ten minuted to figure out what had happened. I fixed it and retried printing. Right when I was in the middle of printing, my power went off. It came back on, I turned the computer back on, then it went out again! This happened one or two more times (I can't remember) before it stayed on. I was all like D****it! Yeah......

Yesterday I rode my bike on the new Interstate-64 where there had been roadwork going on for the past year. It was really nice! Most of it was poured in concrete, which must mean that it's permanent. Where I first got on was a turn and it had this really massive super-elevated banking. The dividers were really tall and it looked like half of the height was because the road did the exact same thing on the other side. I was riding with my dad and another guy from his office and MS150 team. They both had road bikes while all I had was that Boulder SE mountain bike, so I was really pushing to keep up with them. I always surprise myself when I ride sometimes. I haven't been on my bike since I went to Castlewood, and I haven't gotten a good fast ride in for many months and I was riding around 15-so MPH the whole time. By the time I got back home, I had logged twenty miles and was completely bonked.

6 comments:

Cuppy said...

lucky you!! the buses and stuff here in Canada are all totally made for driving on ice. the only way we get out of school in the winter is if it snows about two feet...or more, depending on where you are and how early the buses get winter tires.

i hate when printers jam. it sucks. power outages can be fun, though. especially when they go on for a few hours. lol. someone ran into a breaker box in october here. it was funny. all the power in Sylvan was out for about seven hours, maybe more. :P

Carl said...

Well, my printer didn't actually jam. I was printing something and selected the wrong double sided printing type, the one where you have to manually refeed the paper.

Levi said...

Printers are evil. They get to go on my Evil List.

OOO. Hasn't told you about dat. Wasn't suppose to either.

...You didn't hear anything about The Evil List. Shh.

Anyways, I'm majorly jealous. You were out on Monday? Man. I wish I had been.

Wait.

I can't even remember Monday.

Oh well. I hope you've had a nice week. I guess you've been awfully busy, seeing as this post was about a week ago.

Oh, and my Guilt is forcing me to say this: I'm sorry for not commenting. Things have been hectic lately.

Now... off to comment on a bazillion other blogs.

(My Guilt is holding me hostage, unfortunately. Either I comment on everyone's blog or I'm going to be stuffed into my freezer)

Carl said...

I haven't actually been buisy. I just haven't had anything to write about.
I do now, though since today was my last day of school untill next year, and It was a half day and I did awesome things!

Anonymous said...

hey dude, post ur email on my blog so i can send u an invite cuz im about to switch my blog to only peole i choose can view my blog

Anonymous said...

i know im kindof late on this, but cuppy, i used to live in Minnesota, and they wouldnt cancel school unless the power lines were down. i remember watching my dad digging through 4 feet of snow just so we could walk down the stairs!!! it was kindof funny, looking back. just saying...