BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Stuff that's happened since I last posted (i.e. a lot)

Sooooooo...........
A lot has happened since I last posted. Sorry. In the last few weeks, I've been just using the computer to check email, look at blogs, and do homework. I've been meaning to write a post, but I just keep forgetting to. Bleaaa........

I'm just gonna start from a week ago with thanksgiving. I spent the thanksgiving day with my family here at home. My dad made this really good turkey and stuffing and mashed sweet and regular potatoes. My grandma came over and I think she actually had a pretty good time. We had been trying to get her to come over to dinner for a few weeks and she kept saying she wasn't feeling that well. She did come over for dinner and really enjoyed it. The next day (Friday) we all drove to Kansas to have thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. I always like going out to Kansas. We always stay at one of my uncle's houses, and he has a really nice house on a piece of land he inhereted when my Grandpa died. He also has two Lab Retrievers that are really playful. One of them is about 6 or so and is just a really big lap dog. If you're sitting on the couch he will climb onto it and just press you into the cushions. My uncle let my ride the ATV he had gotten over the summer. It's a lot more fun than a lawn tractor. He had some dirt pits where he grows stuff in the summer, and I almost threw myself off of it when I hit a really pig mound. It was so much fun! The turkey dinner was pretty much exactly like the one I had at home except that there were more than twice as many people.

This past Thursday, the NJHS teacher (my GATE teacher) organized a holiday party because we won't be having any meetings untill after the new year. It was pretty fun. There was food, drinks, and music. I brought some chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels from Trader Joe's and they were just about the best thing there. The music was mostly mine. I had my iPod and an auxillary (patch?) cord that I plugged into the teacher's radio. I said that anybody could put their music on, but nobody wanted to. I think that they either didn't want to share their music or that they didn't know if it was appropriate. Does that sound right Grace? On that same day my homeroom class got a lunchtime pizza party because we collected the most cans as a homeroom. I think that it was something like 92 cans. The whole Wash-U team didn't win, but apparently it was a homeroom race.

--If you read that all the way through, I congradulate you. You must like to read long narratives or something.

3 comments:

Cuppy said...

wow, sounds like you had a pretty darn sweet thanksgiving. the only thing that kinda made me have to think was the "we drove to Kansas" part. lol. it's just so weird for a canadian to hear that. after all, Kansas is a ways away and in another country from us. lol.

Carl said...

Ya. I wouldn't know what to imagine if you talked about going somewhere in Canada. It's only about a 5 hour drive from where I live, so It's not that bad.

Anonymous said...

Haha carl, i haven't posted in a while, but i remember the NJHS party. yeah, those peanut butter chocolate pretzle thingies were awesome! and your music wasnt that bad, but didnt we eventually turn the radio on, because i rememeber that abby, elie and i were dancing [horribly, might i add, lol] to 'Swing' and groaning over britney spears' 'Womanizer' (i loathe that song).

sounds like you had a good thanksgiving! and to answer your assumption, i kinda have a thing for long narratives...just kidding...