BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 15, 2009

So I'm a high schooler now...

Yesterday I had to go to orientation day at my high school. All week, I was kind of dreading it. It was on a Friday, it was only two days before the first real day of school, and I would have to get up at 6 in the morning.


It actually wasn't all that bad. Most of my teachers were nice, the others I couldn't really tell either way. And I have to get a class changed. I was put into World History, but I want to be in Honors World History. I think I should be too, because all of my other core classes are honors courses.

On my way to my seventh hour class, PE, I had a sad failure of my navigation skills. The class I had before PE was honors English, which is on the third floor in a kind of weird location. When the bell rang and I left to go to the gym, I went the complete wrong way, asked for directions, got going the right way, got off on the wrong floor again, did what everybody told me to do, and ended up on the gym floor. I should have been in the bleachers. I think that that will be the hardest class to get to until I get my schedule changed.

I had to go to Cross Country practice today, and I ended up having a pretty good run despite my slow start and lack of proper hydration. I dried up in the last quarter mile. And then My knee started hurting really, really bad. You know what it feels when you whack your knee cap on a pole or something? It kind of felt like that. And it was (pardon my mild french) effing annoying because I could hardly walk. So I had to sit out the last part of Practice. Looking back on it, I think that my dehydration could have caused my knee trouble. When I had stopped running and was standing in the shade talking to my coach about my knee, I was feeling really dizzy, and I knew that it was time to take a serious drink of water. I don't think I've ever really been dizzy like that before. I'm really glad I had water on hand.

Now I get to go see a doctor about it.

3 comments:

Dibsy said...

I'm entering middle school, 7th grade. D: Not only do I not know how to open a locker, I am a pessimist and am sure to fail at everything. D:

Dibsy said...

I'm entering middle school, 7th grade. D: Not only do I not know how to open a locker, I am a pessimist and am sure to fail at everything. D:

Carl said...

You will live. Combination locks aren't that hard to learn to use.