BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Week Later

My first week of high school went pretty smoothly. I only have one class that I want to change, and that's world history. I'm pretty sure I can handle honors world history and I don't know why I didn't make it in. I could have gotten the class changed on Thursday, but I didn't remember about the appointment until a half hour after the scheduled time, and I figured that by then, there was no point in trying to go to the counselor.


And, fir the first time in two, three, or maybe more years, I have math homework over the weekend. Booo...! Of course, this in high school and not all math teachers are really nice and let you relax over the weekend. I have yet to actually do it, but I think I will after I finish this post.

I finally got to go to Castlewood this morning! It's this state park about 30 minutes away from my house, and it has a lot of really good bike trails. There's probably a trail for every level of cyclist there, and if you don't want to bike you can always hike them.

The last trail my dad and I rode is my personal favorite. I can't remember it's name at the moment, but it starts out fairly calm, but then it crosses the road, and has this long, steep climb full of marbles. The best way to define marbles is that it is medium sized gravel on a slope that is very loose. I always walk my bike up that first hill, cuz unless you're really good, it's as good as impossible. After that it goes downhill, no marbles, but it is full of roots and other obstacles. It goes like that for a while, then the last section is pretty much non-stop marbles. added to that is a lot of steps. Steps are tree roots that are partially exposed and form perfect steps. Steps are a pain to ride up over, but downhill, they're not so bad. On the last leg of the trail I rode through a big puddle of muck. Muck is so much worse than mud puddles. Mud puddles are usually full of water and some wet soil at the bottom. A muck puddle just sucks at bike tires and bogs you down to the point where you can't ride any more. There's really no standing water.

When I got home I hosed all the dried mud off of my bike, then I dried it off and turned it upside down so that I could clean the drive train. Now it looks all nice and clean. Except for the tires, those still have mud on them.

--Oh, the dreadful geometry homework!

0 comments: