First, sorry I haven't posted anything in a week. I've had homework, cross country Practice, and other stuff. I haven't had anything happen that I wanted to post. I have opinions that I would like to write, but I'd rather not post them. I just don't like putting bad things out on the open web. If it's something good I'll post it, but if it's bad, I won't.
Now to the recap of the meet. I did way better at this meet than I did at the last one. I got a 1-mile split time of 7.23 and an overall time of 14.57. I placed 87, versus 130-something at the last one. We ran at Chamanade (spelled something like that) and their course is a lot flatter than the one out in St. Charles. I think that not getting stung by a hornet shaved a few seconds off of my time as well. Whatever it was, I was able to keep up a lot better than last time. It was kind of confuddling to run though, because the guide lines were painted yellow, which blended into the grass really well. Since I wasn't anywhere near first, I was able to just follow everybody else, so it wasn't really a big problem.
--Salve!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
[Another] Cross Country Meet
Posted by Carl at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
wow, you have yellow grass already? holy cow. Good on ya, though! *hands you a boquet of flowers and a tiara* hehehe.
No, the grass isn't yellow yet, but the yellow paint was pretty faint and yellow blends with green pretty well.
*sputters* 7.23!! Wow, I still haven't made less that 10 minutes. lol Congrats on the cross country meet. :DD
Thanks. I'm not gloating here, but I also had a hurt toe. It's really annoying because It's been like that for almost a month now!
YAYZZ! you did it with a monor disability!!!! *hands you another boquet of super special flowers and the awesomely special tirara of specialness* lol
DOUBLE YAYZ! now you have a tiara of specialness to wear at cross country meets!
I don't usually like to wear things on my head while I'm running, but I'll make an exception IF you change it into a baseball cap.
Post a Comment