BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Solo!

Yes!! I finally got to solo in Jazz Band! I don't really know, but I think that I did pretty well especially since I didn't even know it was coming. I was playing my chords for the song-Brazilian Nights-and Hannah finished up her solo and Mr. Coleman (our Jazz Band teacher) says "Carl Solo!" So I finished up the measure and paused for one measure to look for my key signature and get into position. But my solo was cut in half because we had only a few minutes before the bell was going to ring. Hopefully he will have us play it next week and this time I can do the whole solo. I really like the song too. I'd put it up on the music player, but I can't find it on iTunes, so that probably means that I won't find it on Playlist.com. Oh well. YAY!

--Salve!!

6 comments:

June said...

YAY! I don't really know what that means exactly but yay! You must be really good :)

Cuppy said...

SWWEEEETT!!!!!! I love soloing. it's sooo fun.I even have a certain trademark for my solos, :P I fluttertoungue on the trumpet at the end of almost every one. it's cool.

Carl said...

Soloing is when you break off from your normal part of the song and play your own thing. It's kind of a time during a song when you get to 'show off'

June said...

Cool! Showing off is fun, when you know what your doing.

I'm in a chatty mood, but there's nothing to chat about so LALALALALA HEHEHE ldjfjago;r etojefht4937

kay, I'm going back to my own blog now and so I can stop disturbing yours.

Carl said...

Yep. I didn't think it fit too well with the song, but I think that as long as you keep with the key, beat, and style of the peice, it's fine.

Anonymous said...

which song were you soloing on? sorry its taken me so long to post, i just havent been on lately. i remember you soloing but i just dont remember which song. i do remember that on one song, though, i was 'sposed to solo but i didnt know what key we were in and i was like AHHHH! so i got cut off.

whadayya think of that new song, maputo? i really like it!