I had to take this test today called the Explore test. I think that my teacher said that it was a test to help your high school counselors figure out what job would be the best for you. Yesterday I had to do the interests section, where I bubbled in what I would like to do in my career and what my interests were. Today I had to do the cognitive part of the test, which was almost just like any other test, but I think that it had fewer questions. It took up hours 1 through 3, so I drug my guitar all around school today for no reason at all.
In math today, my teacher had the class do tessellations.It's really fun. What you do is take a index card and cut two sides out of it, in this case the long and short sides. You then take the side and tape it onto the opposite side. After that you would trace it on a piece of paper. The shape I made resembles the U.S. in a very abstract way. It looks like Kansas with some weird growths on it and a mini Florida on the bottom. Some of the kids had to go to band practice today. I think that it was because the homecoming is on Saturday. Mrs. Henderson was really annoyed at them. I think that if I had known what we would be doing, I would have stayed in math instead of going to band practice.
There was going to be a cross country meet today at Jefferson Barracks, but it go rained out, which was actually kind of surprising because it was nice and clear out this morning. I was actually kind of glad that it was rained out because I have a bum toe so I wasn't going to be able to run anyway.
There's this house near me that I walk by most of the time when I walk my dog and the people who live there are McCain supporters. So much so that they have four (FOUR!!!!!!!!!!) yard signs. My feeling is that either they're trying to make up for all the Obama signs or that they're using them for a Halloween prop. I'm not trying to make a poke at Republicans, but if you are one, wouldn't you still agree that four yardsigns for the same person is a little much?
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
A day in the eyes of a middle schooler
Posted by Carl at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't think i've ever done tesselations. hmmm. I guess there's MUCH different curriculums between the US. and Canada.
and wtq? why would have FOUR signs for anyone? sheesh. i think a lot of people just take politics waaaay to seriously. I don't really care all that much about the politics here in Cnada 'cause i don't plan on being a canadian citizen long enough to be able to vote. :P you know what's really funny, though? there were people in one of my classes who though Obama was running for Prime Minister of Canada. it was really really funny. of course, I'm pretty sure most people in Cnada would think that we were a state if we didn't have our geography pounded into our heads in every social class from grade three on.
Hahaha. I'm listening to that debate right now. Sounds like a cool day, a lot more interesting than mine. It rained here today too, and yesterday. I love rain but yesterday it sucked because it was raining and I had to walk home. It wasn't like pouring down buckets of water, but it wasn't sprinkling either. And I didn't have a jacket or a umbrella or anything. I was soaked by the time I got home. And, I have to walk home on the main street in my neighborhood so a bunch of people saw me. Did the questions you had to answer on the test make you thing really hard? I don't like questions like that, where I have to think really hard about myself. I's still like to take that test though, because I'd like to see what it said that I would be good at.
Where are you planning on becoming a citizen cuppy? The U.S., England, somewhere else in Europe...?
I had to walk home from my bus stop in the rain too. I had all my cross country clothes (P.E. attire black shorts, white shirt.) and I had to go back to class for fifteen minutes. I felt kind of awkward.
Post a Comment