So I went to the Brentwood skating rink for this skating night thing that our school district does every year. I really like untill the last fifteen or twenty minutes when the Ice gets so rough I can barely skate. I thought that I was gonna have to rent skates (the (no really, it's true) horror!!) because my feet have grown a lot in the past year, but luckily I actually have about another year in the one's I have now. I haven't skated for about a year, and I thought I was gonna be terrible, but it was fine. I met a few of my friends form BW there, so it was all cool, but I thought I was gonna be soooo sore today, but surprisingly, I wasn't. I was trying to do some cross-cut turns towards the end of our session, and I almost killed myself. The Ice was so choppy, that when I would lift my skate, the blade would follow the various other skate paths and cause my feet to got majorly out-of-whack. I really am surprised that I didn't fall. Any other person that is normal would have.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love skating! I suck, but I love it. it's so much fun. And, I would be falling even if the ice was perfect lol
lol. you know what's really weird? I'm totally the opposite of most people. it seems like everyone has to skate on flat ice, but i CAN'T. I can only ever skate on rough ice without falling on my...bum...lol.
but skating is soo much fun.
Well, the smooth ice IS more slippery than the rough ice....
heheh, i like to skate when the ice is no too-too smooth but not all bumpy and rough. its like, it has to be perfectly broken in.
hey carl, was it just a boy scout thing? how'd u hear about it? i never got the memo...lol its okay, my skates are in the back of my closet...lol..
oh, and btw, rockin' solo in jazz band today! i could hear the guitar pretty well.
and lets face it, matt is never gonna be Sam Katz....lol XP
Thanks! Sam and Ethan always just go "yeah, it was good, yeah..." I thought that today's was only Ok, though. I did better last class.
Matt does need to work on his sax. Maybe Mr. Coleman should switch him and Alex, since Alex was the one who played the bigger of the two last year.
Post a Comment