BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!

Sooooo...

I hope everybody had a good Easter morning/day! 

My sister and I are too old for the egg hunts, but we did get all the candy and chocolate and stuff that comes with Easter. Church was mostly boring, but that's because there was a lot of sitting and listening to church music, which is really boring and sleepy. The pastor did make a good sermon though. He explained the meaning of Easter by recounting a friend's experience in a French class. The students were trying to explain what it was to a person who who nothing about the holiday, and they weren't very successful. 

After coming home, eating yet another breakfast, and changing clothes, I took a bike ride with my family. We went to Forest Park to see the annual Easter car show. People from the St. Louis area and even from out of town bring vintage cars to the Muny (Mew-ny). I brought my camera along and even carried it around, but I didn't find a good opportunity to take it out and take some pictures. Either there were too many people around a certain car or I just didn't want to take a picture of it. I think the highlight was this old, old car that someone brought in. It was built in 1910! It was so old that you could hear every stroke of the piston; ca-chunk, ca-chunk, ca-chunk; about once every second.

Then my grandma came over for dinner. My mom made a really delicious baked ham and a couple other things. It was pretty uneventful except that Pilgrim kept jumping up on my grandma, and she kept insisting on giving him table scraps. Pilgrim never actually got any, but he got pretty close once. 

My next door neighbors were going to their grandparent's house for the day, and they gave me the job of letting their dog, August, out into the yard to play and do his business. I was getting ready to do the job for free, since August is a very well-trained lab, but they offered me $10. I couldn't refuse it since I could definitely use the money and they said "how does $10 sound?" 
Ten bucks to watch and play with a lab! 

Well, there's my Easter Sunday for Ya!

--Happy Easter!    

2 comments:

Cuppy said...

hey!! sounds like a had somme fun, eh? sweeet. happy easter!!!(albeit a little belated :P)

Carl said...

YAY!!!!!! You're back!

Cuppy, where did you go?!?!?!?!?!