So the full title of the thing that I went to over the fast couple days (Friday afternoon, Most of Saturday) is the MOJCL Latin Convention. Now, don't go making assumptions about how that's all nerdy and stuff. It's actually pretty fun. Events for MOJCL were held at two different high schools in Coloumbia. My main event was the Art Contest, so I was really dissappointed that I didn't even place in the end. I have the awesome-est model. I'll make sure to post photos from this weekend (as well as those stupid hike ones; even though you can reach them by clicking on other photos and navigating a bit, as Cuppy did).
Saturday, April 25, 2009
MOJCL or Missouri Jr. Classical Legue
I think that my school group (the U-City kids) was the best. We were the only ones that actually had a charter bus. I think everybody else either drove or took school buses. We had some of the best acts and school spirit, and out Latin teacher got Latin teacher of the year. Now she thinks that she's gonna have to retire cause the only people who ever get the award are teachers that are retiring soon.
It was Soooooo fun anyways. I didn't get any awards or anything like that, but hanging out, watching other people do events, and looking at all the art in that contest was really great. The Brittany Woods Certamen team (Think something like millionair for questions, and jepopardy for pace) made it up to the third round before being defeated by MICDS. The ONLY reason we lost was because one of the team members, Ethan, made a huge goof and said something to Daniel, another team member on a question when there was no discussion allowed. The meant that the question was DQ'd and the judge asked another question. This time MICDS answered real quick and moved on to the final round.
So there's the highlights, I might decide do add some more later; which means I probably won't.
-- SENTIO ALIQUOS TOGATOS CONTRA ME CONSPIRARE!!
Posted by Carl at 6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ooooh. arts stuff is sooooooo fun. cool to know you had pplenty of SCHOOL SPIRIT!! YES!! sounds like you had a great time!!
and what's the litin stuff at the bottom? I think it might be...well, the only thing i can figure out is Me. which means(i think) my. 'cause that's what it is in spanish. XD
Me in Latin is just what it sounds like, Me. I think it says, "I believe that some people in togas are conspiring against me".
Post a Comment