That was the setting of the Model UN meeting. We were in the Creve Couer Government Center (I think it was also the jail) and the room everybody me in was this big meeting room, and everything was painted white. White ceiling, walls, tables, chairs, projector screen. It was almost as white as some of those ad settings.
I was going to represent Ghana, but two days ago, Grace told me that as far as she knew, Tanzania only had one representative: her. So I told her that I'd switch countries, since Ghana had way too many people anyway. It was fun. The resolution that she wrote was on helping to get rid of Malaria in Africa. It almost didn't pass because someone called us out on being hypocritical. See, there was another country that wrote a resolution on Malaria too. What got us out of the mess was honesty. When we all went up and answered questions, Grace admitted that we had been selfish and wanted outs only to pass. Later, we realized that more than one program would be better than just one.
I think that I had kind of low expectations, bo the experience was really enjoyable for me. Listening to, discussing, questioning, then voting for countries was really exciting. There were a couple resolutions that I didn't feel were that solid, and my country voted no for them, but they passed my a large majority anyway. In all there were six resolutions, and two of them were from my school.
After the program was over, we all went to McDonald's. I have not ever gone to McDonald's during a family road trip or when I could go somewhere else, but on field trips, a Big Mac tastes really good. I commented on Rien's blog about craziness on field trips, and this was one of those times. After the other who were sitting at my table and I had finished eating, we just started talking and joking around and Ethan got himself in trouble with the girls like he always does. I swear, he has a talent for it!
Then we went back to school and got to hand around in the library till the end of the day. I ended up reading 1984 by George Orwell while listening to mt iPod. I think that if 1984 was made into a movie it would be rated "R", and not because of language or violence...
--It's rainy... :(

4 comments:
hahaha. but you enjoyed reading it anyways, right Carl? XD just jokin' wid ya.
sounds like it was a pretty cool thingamabob to go to. it's too bad we don't hold things like that in Canada. I would totally sign up for that!!!...wait...is there some in Canada? is there any sort of webpage for it at all? hmmm...the possibilities for us hippies. =D
I don't know. I forget the link to the one here. I bet that there's something like that in Canada, it is the UN.
I haven't even finished 1984 yet. Have you read it?
What's wrong with rainy, huh? jk
:D you mentioned me in your post! You are awesome dude!!! And hey, reading some racy books now are we??? :P
Well, no, not really. I think I'm mostly past that part. I'm now onto this boring part where the character is reading this kind of hand-book. I couldn't concentrate because I was getting a phone when I got home, but now I have to wait until tomorrow because I needed a code that I didn't have. I write about it tomorrow!
Post a Comment