BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Books and Music

I was so annoyed at one of my teachers yesterday. We have had this Dinner Theater project thing going on for a couple of months, and the program is on Monday. I was hoping to be more involved in the whole process, but after the preliminary planning (how's it going to go, who's gonna cater the food, etc.) this teacher just kind of left me out. Instead she told me to work on getting a couple hundred cranes made for this 'crane project' that we started in the NJHS at the beginning of the year. I had volunteered to manage it when it was started, which is why she's having me work on it, but that was when everybody was actually working on it in the meetings. But it slowed down a little after the second semester started, and it was mostly forgotten. Now, with 11 days left of school, she wants me to figure out how to make about 300 cranes, so that we can reach the 1,000 goal. Because of that, she didn't give me any jobs for the Dinner Theater. I was annoyed (well disappointed) because I just wanted to be a part of the Dinner Theater. I'm annoyed at the teacher because she keeps getting mad/annoyed at me because I'm "not trying hard enough", won't listen to me if I have something to say or ask her, and keeps telling me to do whatever I'm not.   


Enough with the rant, I'll tell you why I'm feeling better. I could say that I've accepted that I'm not part of the program, and that I'll just have to be content with watching the plays, but I haven't. I'm completely disappointed that I can't do anything. What made me happy was music and a book. 

My dad was searching iTunes last night, and one of the things he searched was this band called the Bell Orchestre. It's this really cool band that pretty much carries on the spirit of Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I'll put a few songs by each artist on my playlist. The band just has a cool sound. 

I also got the fifth Percy Jackson book!! I thought that it was coming out later in the month, when it actually came out on the fifth. Anyway, I went to Barns & Noble and my mom bought the book for me, and I really want to try to find time to read it! All I've read is the blurb on the dust cover. I've heard that it's really good. I was reading the blurb and realized that in just a couple months I forgot a few of the things that happened!

--I'm tired, so.....bye 

5 comments:

Levi said...

Oi! Here I am! Commenting on this very loveleh blog.

For some reason I was imagining me saying that with a French accent. No idea why.

But that sucks that you didn't get a part. And making a lot of cranes is really hard. I know by experience. It's bloody awful.

Bloody awful. Gosh, I'm American. Not British. Stoppit, Levi. >.<

I'm sorry. Anywho. I've never read Percy Jackson, but I know a lot of people who have. So I'm assuming it's good. Maybe I should check it out sometime?

Carl said...

Yes, you should read the Percy Jackson books! They're not only good books, but a good way to learn a bit of mythology. They use the Greek gods, but most of the roman gods are the same, just different names.

Lexi said...

AGH! YAY PERCY JACKSON!!! I've been reading them since the day the first one came out, because I hang with librarians and I am a nerd. But YAY!! The last one was EXCITING. GO FORTH!!! READ IT NOW!!!

Carl said...

I'm already on somewhere past page 100.

TechBot said...

MRS. BAKEMAN SUXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!