I'll start by telling y'all about the baseball game I went to on Friday night. Cardinals vs. Royals, and we (the Cards) beat the Royals 5-0. It was a pretty fun game to watch. It was U-City Night at the Ballpark, so a student from each school was selected to go out onto the field to be a representative. My sister got picked to be one, so I got to go down to the area right next to the field for a bit. Then after that was all finished, I had to go up to the seats that my ticket had, which were in the nosebleed section. In the New Busch Stadium, that isn't so bad because the seats are right over the field. Sam had won some tickets in a raffle, so he and a friend had gone up to the game as well. I decided to sit with them for the game instead of with my parents. I promise that I'll put up a picture or two from the game, and them you can click on it to link to the rest on my Picasa page.
Monday, May 25, 2009
So much to say...and the typhoon
Nothing much happened on Saturday, and yesterday the sister of one of my friends had her graduation party. That was a lot of fun. A couple of the kids had brought air soft guns and we were shooting soda cans. Then someone brought out a glass root beer bottle, and one of the kids has the brilliant idea to shoot it point blank. Guess what happened next? It broke. And the kid says "I didn't know it would break". It was hilarious, though. He cocks the gun, walks up and shoots it and it just explodes.
This morning, I ran a 5K just like I did last year. It was rainy this morning, which I think actually helped because it acted like an air conditioner, cooling me off better than just sweat. I improved over last year, which I'm happy about. I don't remember my time from last year, but I did make sure not to walk this time. My finishing time was 26 min. 51 sec. so that's a little over 8 minutes a mile. Sam ran the 10K, and finished in about 51 minutes. My legs tightened up after I finished, so I didn't run the 1 mile fun run. I think I should have run it just as a cool down, because my legs were really sore, and stretching them out with a slow run would have been good. Oh well.
--It was Raining!
Posted by Carl at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
nice time. i suppose i probably do about nine minutes a mile. or so. if i'm at about six and a half per kilometer. sound about right? i love running in the rain. and biking at night.
I guess. On my nike+ipod thing I get about 4.5 (4 1/2) mins/kilometer, which is about 7.5 per mile.
I am so out of shape it's not even funny. I really do need to exercise.
I think I'd die if I ran a mile in even 10 minutes. And if I didn't, I'd beg someone to kill me.
Post a Comment