BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 1, 2008

[Another] Triathlon

I just finished my second triathlon! Yay! This one was actually a triathlon this time. It didn't rain (yay!) but my heat started at 1:15 in the afternoon and it wasn't exactly cool over here today. It wasn't exactly fun, but I wouldn't say that I had a bad time. I Think that it was the 6 miles on the bike course that killed me a bit more than last time. I had to do 20 laps around a parking lot to complete the bike portion of the triathlon, and it got hard to do after about 15 laps because my legs started getting tired and there was a head-wind on the last straight. That same wind helped though when I would come out of the front straight and into straight 2 because it would become a tail-wind. The run was the hard part for me because I had all this water sloshing around in my stomach and the swim and bike had taken a lot out out of me. It felt like it took me a long time (probably because of the 20 laps of the parking lot) but I finished with a time of 38 minutes 45 seconds. When I looked at my cyclometer after the race, it said that it took me about 22 minutes to complete the bike portion and that I was averaging about 15 miles an hour.

When I crossed the finish line it felt like my insides were liquid and I really wanted to eat and drink something but at the same time I didn't. It felt kind of like when you eat too much except that I wasn't full at all. I don't really know how to describe it. I just know that I need to get better at judging how much liquid to drink.

12 comments:

Cuppy said...

hmmm. what an...awkward sounding sensation...i've only ever done one triathlon and it was really really short. it was a class thing though, so it couldn't be to long.

June said...

There is no way I would ever be able to do that. seriously

Carl said...

I'm actually suprised that I was able to complete it myself. Like I said, I can't really describe how I felt, but it wasn't super "I'm the king of the world!" good.

June said...

was it more, "excuse me while I go upchuck behind that bush"?

Carl said...

Almost, but not quite. I fely like I wanted to burb really lous, but couldn't

June said...

yeah, I know what you mean. today in athletics (which is like PE) we had to run laps and do a bunch of basketball. and I've NEVER played basketball before so i looked like a complete idiot but oh well.
oh, and I'd like to say that I'm not overweight or anything, I'm just really out of shape. I look normal. Well, I a little short but...

Anonymous said...

uggghhh carl what did you think of those laps we had to run in PE today? those were terrible! i hate running if its not on my own choice...but volleyball was fun...

Anonymous said...

and btw, i still cant belive you did a triatholon. omg. i could never in a million years plus three do a triatholon. not a ful, one anywyas. i totally agree with rien, even doing one mile practically kills meh. which doesnt explain why i like to do
5k runs....

Carl said...

Nope, it doesn't. The laps in P.E. were Eaisy! Try running a mile in the rain (which I did today for cross country)

Anonymous said...

omg you runner people make meh feel slow....but i did get third place in the 400 today! but methinks thats just cuz merinda wasnt running.

Anonymous said...

and it took me a minute to realize- YOU DO CROSS COUNTRY????? wow. that is yet another thing that will always be wishful thinking for me.

Carl said...

Huh!
We did two miles today, and I finished in 14 minutes 40 something seconds, which is just about at my 7 minute mile track.
I also think that it was because Merinda wasn't there. I got fifth.