BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 25, 2008

Lats Minute [bad] News

Arrgh...
I saw one of my friends riding his bike (a mountain bike, remember that) around by my house and my dad said I could try to catch up with him, so I did. I got out the Motobecane and caught up with him. He decided to race me cuz he thought that he could beat me (which he obviously couldn't) and we started weaving in and out of different streets. We did this for a while, then he started taking shortcuts that I kind of forgot about (or can't ride over/through). He then took us through this tunnel going under the parkway, and hid in some bushes. When I found him raced off again. As I cought up to him, he went no-hands. Now, here's the [bad] news part. He was riding close to the curb on the right side, but far enough away that I could pass him with room to spare, but then he had to look over his shoulder so he started drifting to the right. By that time I was about parallel with him and my wheel was about and inch from the curb. When he got his hands on the handlebars again, he swerven even farther to the right, forcing me into the curb. When I was forced into the curb, I had to either stay on the bike and crash with it (which would have been pretty bad because I had toe clips which would keep me attached to the bike) or hop off. I hopped off, but when I did that I must have kind of thrown the bike into the curb because the tire was pretty nicely bent.

I realize now, though, that it was my fault that I crashed. I wasn't thinking super clearly in the heat of the moment, and I forgot two important rules.

  1. Always pass on the left side.
  2. At least pass on the side that has the most room.

If you compared it to driving on the road, you could say that I was trying to pass a car while in the same lane that it was in. I just happened to be in the lane with the big concrete traffic barriers, and I ran into them. Now I have to find a 27" x 1 1/4" wheel, which is pretty much obsolete... :( :(

P.S.

Please tell me, was that too long winded?

11 comments:

June said...

uh... u didn't say anything.

p.s. I just realized that you're a WHOLE year older than I am. I know that's kinda random, but....

Carl said...

I did write something. I just hit the enter key instead of tab. so I had to go back and edit the post.

Meh. bad day for me...

c said...

oh yeah, i went to your blog and there was nothin there but i came back a few minutes later and i read it. r u alright? did u get hurt?

Levi said...

Meh, I was freaked OUT for a second. I, being the pessimist that I am, assumed that someone crashed or, worse, died.

But yeah, that sucks for your bike...

June said...

yeah, i thought you like broke your arm or something.

June said...

i tagged you. again...

danpolitte said...

ooh. you have my sympathy on that. I do not think any sort of bike crash (with or without injury) would be fun at all.

Cuppy said...

ouch. That sucks. and you just got new tires, too. Darn. You have my sympathy.

PS. I'M BACK!!!!!!
PPS. levi and rien are pessimists!!!!!! geez. You guys should take the advice of Eric Idle. "Always look on the briiight siide of liiiiife!" :P jk.

Anonymous said...

that kinda only sux a little bit.

im being sarcastic...

IM BACK FROM KENYA!!!!! yayay it was great.

Carl said...

Now that I'm back I can tell you, my injuries were very minor. I got a small cut, and the bike only has a bent wheel. If I hadn't gotten out of the toe-clips my injuries could have been worse, but I got out.

Dibsy said...

Oh that sucks. T_T

(spotlight crashes on on Dibsy)

"Dibsy, you MUST read Twilight!!!"

"You'll never catch me alive!!! MWAHAHA!!!"

-_- Yeah. random...