I'm back! I'll get around to writing about the Boundary Waters (BW), but first I would like to write about the triathlon I participated in this morning.
You all remember that summer camp I wrote about earlier this summer, right? Today I competed in the triathlon that the camp organizes and it's called the 'St. Michael's School Junior Triathlon'. I got up at 6:00 this morning and went over to the UCHS natatorium for check-in at 7:00. Once I had gotten myself checked in, I went over to the transition area to rack my bike and get ready to swim. I went into the nat. at about 7:45, but then it had to start raining! It was a large storm too. It had thunder and lightning and it caused the race to be delayed an hour and a half. When it was all over, we were told that the bike course was too wet to ride on so it ended up being sort of a duathlon (sp?). That was pretty annoying because the biking portion of the race was a pretty important one and my friends and I were really looking forward to seeing who would do better.
Now we skip ahead to the race. It started with a 200 yd. swim and after the swim, I went into the transition area, where I put on my shirt and shoes. After the transition, I ran down to the track and ran a mile around it. After that, the race was finished. I hear that I did pretty well on the swimming section, and it felt like I did too. I didn't get my goggles on right though, so water got into them and I could barely see. I thought I did okay on the transition and you know that running a mile is like. I got third place in my age group and I was only 1 (1!!) second away from getting second. It was a really good race, but I'm fairly disappointed that the biking portion got cancelled.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Triathlon (sort of)
Posted by Carl at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Running a mile SUCKS.
But that's cool you almost got second, by only a second too. Ha, the irony.
That sucks the biking portion was cancelled. Mother Nature can be a bummer sometimes.
I'ma keep this comment short, because I have to go do somethings around the house. Later.
sounds really cool! triatholons are fun. that sux that u almost got second, just by one friggin second. its always just 1 second, isnt it?
Running a mile is EAISY! I'm just wondering, but are you one of those nonathletic people Levi?
Post a Comment