BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School!

I know my first day of school was yesterday, but I wanted to give y'all time to read the Kenya post. Now, I have 2 school days to post about! I had pretty much the normal first two days of school. You all know: schedule changes, confusion about where some of your classrooms are (though not as bad as your first year in the school), and all that other good stuff.
I was disappointed yesterday to learn that the out Jazz Band only has about fifteen (maybe less, I didn't count) people this year. We have about 3 sax players, 2 trumpets, 2 piano players, 2 trombones, 1 guitar (ME!), and no bass! GRACE! WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN LEARNING THE BASS GUITAR? We really badly need a bass guitar. A band (especially a jazz band) is nothing without a bass guitar!
OH, and our GATE teacher. Our GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) teacher is the same as out Latin teacher this year because our Latin teacher from last year got tired of having to switch between the High School and the Middle School so now she teaches only at the High School.

So, there's my first/second day of school report. How was your school day.

9 comments:

June said...

hehe. I don't have to go to school yet. :P

Stephanie said...

I'm not in school yet either... I start late though.
I would love to be in jazz band. I'd probably be the only flute player though -_-
Nice blog =]

Carl said...

Ummm...
I don't think you can play flute in jazz band. One of the band members from last year played the french horn and he had to settle for the trumpet. he only got to play the french on a ballad we played.

Anonymous said...

haha flutes not as bad as OBOE! try playing jazz oboe. they dont even write music for oboe for half of the songs! so i have to use flute music (no offense...) or saxaphone.

carl, fyi, i would LOVE to learn to play bass guitar but the only problem is, i dont own one.

Carl said...

Yeah?? Well I didn't own an electric guitar untill last year!:)
I understand. You don't even have your own guitar, do you?

Levi said...

I have no musical talent whatsoever. I tried learning piano in 2nd grade, and gave up on that. So yeah, I guess I'm just the type of person that only listens to music instead of playing it. Meh.

June said...

I have been begging my mom to get me piano lessons FOREVER. I want to learn to play so bad. The only song I know is heart and soul and I forgot half of one of the parts.

Carl said...

It's kind of funny really. I've never learned how to play something on the piano in my life. never. haven't most people at least learned SOMETHING on the piano?

Anonymous said...

yeh, piano is pretty easy. i like it, but sometimes it gets confuzzling! (confusing, for those of you who dont speak wierdish.)