Last night before I went Downtown for the Moonlight Ramble, I went to a party one of my friends (Grace) was hosting to tell about her church's trip to Kenya. They went to a village southeast of Nairobi, called Klima, in the Kyai (pronounced CHAI) district. To get from the airport to the Village, they had to take buses that broke down several times. The roads there are only packed dirt. When they got to Klima they helped build an orphanage called the Suvia Childrens Home. The project was started by a man named Rev. Nicholas Kisua, the local pastor there. The orphanage is hoped to be able to hold 50 children by September 1.
The older group helped dig a trench that has pipes running from a nearby creek to two large containers (I mean LARGE large) which will allow the people to travel only a short distance to get their water. I think that Grace also said that the containers would provide water pressure as well.
Grace would also like you all to pray for the kids there. They are a lot less fortunate then us here in America
I'm going to put a web address up in a day or so that links to some photos from Grace's Kenya trip, so make sure to look at them when I get the address.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Kenya
Posted by Carl at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so cool! I would love to go to Kenya or any other place and help little kids. It's sad though, that those little kids don't have a home right now. :(
It is, really. Acutally, most of them are AIDS victims, whose parents are dead and are living with relatives who cant take care of them. Sad, but the kids are fun. they love to play! also, anyone who wants to should check out the World Servants website, where they have a section about the trip. you can also sponser an orphan on the site. the website is:
www.worldservants.org
-Grace
Post a Comment