BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Boundary Waters (BW)

Yay! I got back from BW yesterday at about 3:00 p.m. It was soooooooo awesome! I'll get a slide show up with some photos from the trip. It was really cool while we were on the water. Both literally and metaphorically. We got on the water at about 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning, and we got to our first campsite at about 1:30-ish and it wasn't bad. My dad wanted to set up there because it was facing the west, so we would get a nice sunset. What he forgot about was the wind. That turned out to be not so great at about 5:00 the next morning when we got a storm similar to the one that shortened the triathlon.


Since the rest of the days were pretty nice, I'll start talking about the scenery. To put it simply, it was amazingly pretty. Because of the soil (or lack thereof) the trees are mostly Pine and other evergreens with a little bit of Birch mixed in. It was really nice on the water because you would have complete silence except for the occasional Loon. The canoes we used were Kevlar We-no-nah's, so they were pretty light. We had pretty good food, even though it was freeze dried camping food. We had a pretty good selection too. Au Gratin Potatoes, Bacon, Eggs, Mixed Vegetables, Apple Cobbler, and all sorts of other stuff. We also had to get filtered/boiled water from the lake. I only tasted it a few times because there was kool-aid in it most of the time, but when I did taste it, it tasted like really weak tea. Also, never drink instant coffee. Bleach!

It's getting late, my dog needs a walk, and I can't write much more, so I'll leave the describing to the photos in the slide show I put up tomorrow.

P.S.

The person in the picture is me. I'll have a couple more of me in the slide show.

Note- I am normally do not wear glasses.

4 comments:

Levi said...

Instant coffee? That DOES sound terrible. Blechie.

But it sounds like it was cool. It actually makes me want to go. I'm jealous.

Ooo, sunset. YAY! I'm losing it, sorry. Meh, bad night sleep.

Anyyyways, hehe I say that a lot. Anyyyways.

And YAY pictures. The Lizard Rock is HUGE. It almost looks like the one in cartoons they roll off a cliff onto someone. Y'know what I'm talking about? Like in that old Roadrunner show.

I'm rambling, sorry. I'll just go. =P

Anonymous said...

wowow those pictures are BEAUTIFULLLL! sure is a change of scenery from the african sunsets- and that picture of the rock on the lake is simply...

simply...

i want to use beautiful, but i already used that and im too lazy to get a thesaurus and look up a synonym to beautiful. but you get the point. those pics are ahhhhhh-mazing!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh those pictures of pilgrim are ah-dorable!

they make me miss my puppy. we had to get rid of him on saturday morning cuz he bit my mom. it was saddddd. he is at the APA right now and i reallllly want him back, but i just hope he finds a good home.


just so yall know, this was completely random.

Carl said...

I didn't know you had to get rid of your dog! Why did he bite your mom?