BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cool New (for me) Bike

So, I decided to start fixing up this old Motobecane (Spelling?) that has had since college. It's really cool. Today I just got it out of the basement, cleaned it off, and assesed what I needed to replace. I found that I absolutly need new brake pads and that it would be a great idea to get new tires and tubes. I will then probably replace the wheels and the wiring and whatnot.

What's kind of annoying is, all of the money has to come out of my pocket. Ah well...


The above is sorta like what our old Motobecane looks like.


5 comments:

June said...

cool... i donb;t know a whole lot about bikes, but it looks cool. How much does it weigh?

Carl said...

It weighs a lot more than road bikes do now!
I'd say you could probably take your average mountain bike and chop about 10-15 lbs off. that's about how heavy it is.

Anonymous said...

and exactly HOW much does a mountain bike weigh??

im like u, rien. i dont know a whole bunch about bikes excepts that u pedal and they take u places and they dont take gas (aka money, cuz gas costs so much.).

Carl said...

Newer read bikes weigh as little as 17 pounds. A typical mountain bike weighs between about 30 and 40 pounds.

Anonymous said...

WOW thats a heavy bike! almost as heavy as my backpack...!

jk!