So, we were at the pool today and at about 2:00 a HUGE rain squall came through. It was awesome but at the same time a bit anoying. Every time there was a flash of lightning followed by thunder, half of the people would scream.
I'm not telling this right. I want it to be like a story.
So, I was playing 5,000 with some of my friends from camp. I decided that I was going to get out because there were some dark, menacing clouds coming toward us. I get out, dry off a bit, and go over to the snack area because some of my other friends were over there. I started getting this feeling in my stomach sort of like when you get butterflies. This is usually lets me know that there's definatly some weather coming. Well, I was right! about 5 minutes later, the pool people heard some thunder, and we were told to exit the pool deck. We did and it started REALLY raining. The thunder! I can't even describe it with spoken words! To put it simply, it was quite close and the Thunder was really loud. At one point, the lightning struck so close that the thunder followed anly about a second behind.
So, that's my story for today. Have a good weekend!
P.S.
I love the Animaniacs, I just never had a good chance to talk about them during the school year.
Friday, June 20, 2008
So. Central Rain
Posted by Carl at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ooo. scary. that's as bad as when i sat on a metal gate in the middle of a thunder storm. It was crazt. But the lightning was never quite THAT close. That's crazy. I would have loved to be in that.
It wasn't bad...
I forgot to edit this in, the title I chose is actually the title of an R.E.M. song.
I like thunder storms, strangely. It soothens me. We had a lot of storms last week, which was cool. Rain for long periods of time, though, is ANNOYING. It can get depressing after a while, too. Oh well, there's ups and downs.
Post a Comment